Get the skills you need for a job you love. CET’s hands-on training and industry connections help students of all backgrounds create a better life through better work.
CET’s staff will help you every step of the way. Before you enroll we’ll help you see if you qualify for financial aid. While you’re in school we’ll provide supportive services. Once you graduate we’ll help you find work.
Our admission process is simple. Call us today and we’ll get you on your way to training for a better tomorrow.
How to Apply:
- Meet with an Advisor. Discuss your interests and discover which program makes the most sense for you.
- Discuss Financial Aid. Talk with our Financial Aid Officer (FAO) and find out if you qualify for federal financial aid. To get the most out of your first appointment, bring the following documents:
- Proof of income (Most recent Income Taxes, W2’s, Worker’s comp, etc.)
- Identification Card (ID) or Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma or GED or Foreign HS Equivalency or ATB
- Residency Card (if applicable)
- Review program details. After you select your program and possible financial aid, we’ll go over start date, tuition, tools & textbooks provided, and information about the school.
- Enroll. Congratulations! Your job training program starts right away.
Get the skills you need for a new career in months, not years. CET’s job training programs usually take anywhere from 6-9 months. With our open enrollment plan there’s no need to wait for the semester or quarter – you can enroll today and start job training right away.
- What types of industries can I be trained for?
- We want you to succeed, so we train you for jobs where there’s expected to be continued growth, including:
- How much does it cost and how can I pay for this?
- Costs per program vary. Federal Financial aid assistance is available for those who qualify. If you qualify for federal financial aid loans, payments can be as low as $50 per month. Estimate your costs on the tuition page.
- How big are the classes?
- Classes average 20-25 students and vary by program.
- Do you provide any certificates needed by employers?
- All programs offer certificates that show employers that you are prepared for an entry level position. Programs can also prepare you for industry recognized certifications. Visit our program pages to learn more.
- Do I have to have a minimum GPA to enroll?
- No, there are no GPA requirements.
- Are there any high school math classes I need to get started?
- No, you’ll get everything you need in the job training program. You’ll be provided with basic skills instruction (CET Salinas does not offer Basic Skills), including vocational English and math. Additional one on one tutoring is available, if needed.
- What if I didn’t graduate from high school or don’t have my GED?
- At CET you may have options without them. Be sure to tell the Admissions Department so they can guide you through the eligibility process.
- What can I expect to make after I graduate?
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics shares information about what people can make in various occupations. O*NET Online is an easy to use tool to find out about your field of interest. Visit http://www.onetonline.org/ *and browse the statistics about wages and job growth. Depending on where you live and your program the wages can be higher or lower. Visit the program pages to get specific information in your career field.
- CET is national. What about the graduation and job placement rates for the career field I choose in my state?
- Good question! When you’re making decisions about your future, it’s important to be as informed as possible. To see statistics about CET’s program performance in your location, go to your state’s location page and take a look at the Federal Student Right to Know and School Performance Fact Sheets. You can also get this information from your local CET advisor.
*Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industry. Links to non-CET sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.