Job training program in green construction
In this 8-9 month construction career training program, you’ll learn hands-on and theory based construction techniques and regulations. The students will learn how to utilize hand and power tools. Graduates will understand the installation, maintenance and repair interior and exterior, drywall, plumbing, basic electrical and solar. Students will also learn rough and finish carpentry techniques and become trained in construction and maintenance techniques. In this career program, you’ll learn about buildings from the ground up; which includes information about energy conservation methods.
What you’ll learn in the green building construction skills job training program:
- Construction Math
- Rough Carpentry
- Exterior & Interior Finish
- Photovoltaic (Solar) Systems
- Job preparation, including interview and resume skills
- Concepts in Customer Service
Say yes to CET Green Building Construction Skills!
|New career in 8-9 months?*
|Job Placement Assistance?
|Financial Aid Assistance for those who qualify?
|Training supplies, books, and uniforms included in tuition?**
* Average program length based on program/class schedule.
** Subject to change without notice.
FAQ about green building construction skills job training program:
- Where are construction skills classes offered?
- CET offers this program in Coachella, Colton, El Centro, Oxnard, San Diego, Santa Maria, Soledad, and Watsonville.
- How long is the program?
- This class is 900 hours and generally takes about 8-9 months to complete.
- What is the class schedule and when does the next class start?
- This is a daytime program. The class meets Monday – Friday for six hours. CET has open enrollment, you start class anytime you are ready. Once your enrollment is completed, you start right away.
- How much does the program cost?
- When people ask “how much is tuition”, most of us think of just the cost of the program and maybe books and supplies. But, when you attend school you’ll have other costs to add in such as housing and food if you live on your own. If you live with your parents or are a parent, well that can change things a bit. To make things simpler, visit our Tuition Page. Use the calculator to estimate what everything costs and what kind of aid may be available to you. You can find out more about aid and tuition in the student catalog.
- What will I learn in this construction trade class?
- CET’s Green Building Construction Skills job training program focuses on a variety of skills. Learn more about the competencies you will master, review our program information sheet and browse the student catalog.
- What kind of certifications or licenses will I be prepared to take?
- The skills you learn about energy efficiency will allow you the option to take the ESCO Green Awareness exam.
- What types of jobs will I be qualified for after I graduate from the program and what can I expect to make?
- After completing this building class, you’re qualified for a variety of specialized positions in the trades. Here are a few options! You can learn more about jobs and pay in your area by checking out the links below*:
- How do I apply?
- Applying to CET is easy. Learn more by visiting the Admissions page, or better yet – Sign up for a Tour and visit the class in person.
“Great place to get skills to start working for a better future.”
CET El Centro