Career training for a job in IT support
Offered at the San Jose, CA campus in the heart of Silicon Valley, this hands-on program will prepare students to perform the duties and responsibilities required by entry-level positions in the computing and IT fields. Students will learn about computer hardware and operating systems, troubleshooting and repairing various devices, and using a helpdesk ticketing system. Students will prepare to take the CompTIA A+ certification exam, which is the industry standard for establishing a career in IT.
What you’ll learn in the IT Support Specialist job training program:
- Computer Foundations – Comp TIA A+ certification prep
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Maintenance & Repair
- Mobile & Other Devices
- Operations & Security
- Internet & Fundamentals of Networking
- Remedy IT Service Management
Say yes to CET IT Support Specialist!
|Accelerated Evening Program?*
|Job Placement Assistance?
|Training supplies and books included in tuition?**
*Average program length 18 weeks based on program/class schedule.
** Subject to change without notice.
FAQ about the IT Support Specialist program:
- Where are the classes?
- CET offers this program at the main campus in San Jose, CA.
- How long is the program?
- The program is 630 hours .
- What is the schedule?
- Training is Monday through Friday from 4:00 pm to 9:30 pm.
- How much does it cost?
- See average tuition costs using the net price calculator on the Tuition Page.
- What kind of additional certifications or licenses will I be prepared for?
- Students in this program will be prepared for CompTIA A+ Certification.
- What types of jobs will I be qualified for after I graduate?
- When you’re trained for IT support, you’re qualified for a variety of jobs. You can learn more about jobs and pay in your area by checking out the links below*: mynextmove.org.
- How do I Apply? When does the next class start?
- CET has open enrollment. Applying to CET is easy. Prepare what you need from this list on the Admissions page, or better yet – Sign up for a Tour and talk to an advisor in person.
*Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industry. Links to non-CET sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.